Just over a week ago, our daughter, Iris Elizabeth, joined us this side of the placenta. She is astoundingly lovely. As I have begun to wade through post-partum hormones, emotions, and all the rest, I have often questioned why it has to be so hard. Why something so incredibly beautiful and miraculous is surrounded by these 'thorns'. I don't think for a moment it makes me appreciate the miracle of life more. In fact, I think it often highlights for me how broken life as we know it on Earth is. Highlights why it is I - why we all - need a Savior. Then, there are glimpses of 'salvation' - of those moments which are pure and unsullied by the briars all about. For me, this photo of Oak holding Iris the day she was born captures one of those moments... I hope it can for you as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment